Friday 20 September 2013

Bournemouth 1-0 Barnsley, Tuesday 17th September 2013

'I'd have made that substitution before the game started'
First sighting of Goldsands!

Hi all, apologies for the delay.  I work hard, etc.

Well, the fixture compiler did us southern types a great job with a midweek trip to the seaside. 17:05 from Waterloo and a quick beer in Pokesdown were our pre-match lot.  That and some bloke on the train spilling my cup of coffee, a la Walsall away that year.  Only this time I didn't go mental.

1st half - we edged it, hit the post twice in half a second (I thought Dawson shoulda been able to divert the rebound on target, however quickly it came to him).  O'Grady did well to even hit the post.  In the meantime, a couple of times their left winger rampaged down the left, leaving a trail of defenders behind.  Luckily, no end product (till he scored later!)


As bored as me?
2nd half - complete and utter one way traffic.  How they didn't score before they did was purely down to poor finishing, Steele barely had a save to make.  Remember when Odejayi used to sidefoot a ball wide when clean through?  A couple of efforts were reminiscent of the great man himself. 

I guess we did well to hang on till the 76th minute.  Defenders were hoofing it in panic, midfielders refused to put their foot on the ball and the forwards couldn't make it stick.  Subs coulda/shoulda been made earlier and in the end, we problies only got into their half cos they sat back defending what they had rather than continuing to come at us.  Either way, the result, if not the scoreline, was utterly fair.  The goal?  I don't remember much about it, save for 3 seconds earlier it was in their half.  How it ended up in our goal was a mystery to me, though I remember the inevitability of it all, as their forwards outnumbered our defenders and they had options upon options.

AFCB under lights
Anyway, at least we got to see La Famille Rogers in action, Ben mascot for the gazillionth time while Tim's sister responded to a call from the PA for a female Barnsley fan to take a few potshots in the half time competition.  Cue booing from the home end when he announced she was from Southampton!  Lucy meantime was back and forth taking little kids to the toilet, leaving Tim to do what he does best: earholing Reds' sub Mellis at half time and being where it matters when the keeper gave his gloves away (only this time I think some little kid got them - hard luck Tim!)


Where's the car park gone?
The Peckham Ratings:

*** No-one.  Sat low down, I had little clue what was going on or who was(n't) doing it.  Plus all these Reds players look the same to me:  Do Crainie, Dawson and Cywka all go to the same barbers? 

** No-one.  Sat low down, I had little clue what was going on or who was(n't) doing it.  Plus all these Reds players look the same to me:  Do Crainie, Dawson and Cywka all go to the same barbers? 

* Steele.  Didn't put a foot wrong, though mostly cos they kept missing the target.

Drink du jour:  lager lager lager for the lager boys and bitter for the....bitter old men.

1 win, 1 draw, 5 defeats.  We need to fix up.

A

ps, I heard Ramage had a good game.  I never noticed him, apart from the times he wasn't where their forward was.


Leaving the wild west



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...