Wednesday 11 February 2015

Charlton Athletic 2-3 Norwich City, Tuesday 10th February 2015

'Would you like to go and see game tomorrow night', says my beloved.  Not 'arf.  It's not often I get an offer like this.  The only catch is it's Charlton v Norwich.  Come on you Canaries!  And the chance to get a bus direct from home to The Valley.  I can't even get a bus direct to my local non-league side.  Easy life!

This is what a £28 view looks like.

Having checked on the website, it's 'only' £26.  This has increased to £28 by the time I reach the ground. Luckily, I'm being 'treated'.  Even better, cos of the walkway halfway up the away stand, and a shallow rake of seats behind, we can only see half of the near goal from the back of the stand. Let's hope there's no action at this end.

Charlton are appalling.  I've seen Aston Villa...Barnsley...Leyton Orient...and Charlton must be the worst I've seen this season.  For 60 minutes they cannot put more than two passes together without losing it. It happens time and time again, as the ball is simply given back to Norwich, who start a patient build up from defence.  It is so tedious it's like a training exercise.

and yet we chose seats with a 'better' view!

Charlton last 14 minutes before my view of the net in front of me is put to the test.  The shot is arrowed into the bottom corner, but I only know it's a goal cos I see the ripple of the net.  I later leave for a HT p*** and pie and still get back to see Norwich break away in injury time and Grabban lob the keeper. At least the ball had the good grace to bounce, so I could see it go in.  This could turn into 5 or 6.

Up the Addicks!

2nd half, same old, same old.  Norwich casually throw away chances, it's that easy...then Charlton throw on a sub (Tony Watt) who, despite (cos of?) his size dribbles through people.  One attack, a flick and he's clean through. 2-1.  A few minutes later it was two-all.  Unbelieveable.  Ruddy saves and the rebound falls nicely.  Charlton then made the mistake of fancying themselves and it was no surprise that Norwich nicked it, a tremendous header from Jerome at the far end.

It was an interesting game, and I do like a trip to The Valley, but I really wasn't impressed at £28 for a Tuesday night.  Charlton's next game is their annual 'fiver to see the northern oiks' (Huddersfield this year).  Sadly, I'm otherwise engaged.

Damage:
28 entry
3 programme
3.50 pie

The teams are paraded

The _ _ _ _ EY

But there's no mistaking 'CAFC'

Victoire!  Victoire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...