Sunday 19 March 2017

Norwich City 2-0 BFC, Saturday 18th March 2017

‘Two decisions.  Two mistakes.  F***ing rubbish already.’

Welcome to ....

Only 81 years since our last victory at Carrow Road.  (Actually, I’m not convinced they’d even moved into Carrow Road at this point; perhaps we’ve never won there???)  Well, we can add another one after today.  Despite a very even game, their shots found the net and ours didn’t.  In fact, I’d go even further.  Our finishing was DIABOLICAL.  After about 86 minutes I turned to Andy and said ‘Y’know, I think all of our attacking players have launched one into the crowd apart from Bradshaw’.

Outside, a bit dated.

Within two minutes, he’d completed the set.  Honestly, if the goalposts had been moved 10 yards into the air, we’d have had half a dozen.  Yet the worst miss was still Kent in the last minute after we were beaten; the cross was put on a plate for him and he sidefooted wide from 6 yards.  If Andy says ‘he’s starting to annoy me’ I say ‘he continues to annoy me’.  He’s done one thing all season – turn and bang it in against L**ds.  A world class finish.  Or, if it never happens again, a complete fluke.  And I know which I’m veering toward.

Outside, a bit too modern. You can't win!

Oh yes, we DID score.  A bit of Hamill magic and a ball is whipped in, only for some carthorse or other to slice it, leaving Bradshaw to bury it on the back post.  Offside.  Looked a close call to me, but I guess the linesman had a better view than us, it was at the other end.  And Andy always gets annoyed when I back the officials.  But, really, there was no need for Bradders to be offside, he could have looked across the whole line.

The teams line up.

One of the Murphy twins then shows how it’s done, turning Jones before firing across the keeper into the far corner.  Great finish, but I’m becoming less sure of Jones the more I see of the Everton loanee.  I wish we’d kept George Williams (and Smith, while I’m at it) instead of relying on loanees (Jones), amputees (White) and Kpekewa (s***).  Still, there’s always Elder.  Oh.


The N&P Stand.

MacDonald later does his best Paulo Futchero impression, deftly dinking the ball over a despairing Davies after the keeper had saved with his chest.  That’s 3 this season (QPR A, Washday A?) and he’s coming in fast on Futch’s record (was it 6?  Someone must know.)  No excuses for this one, it looked like he was trying to play it back to the keeper.  Next time, bury it into the stands.  (If you’re not sure how, ask Scowen, Hamill, Bradshaw, Marley or Armstrong.)

The view to my left.

*** Yiadom
.  Good defending, helped out in attack. 
** Davies.  Didn’t do owt wrong, made a couple of good saves, no fault for the goals.
* Hamill.  Looked as likely as anybody on our team.

Londontykes' MOTM: 1= Yiadom / Davies  3. Hamill


Despatches:As ever, a decent pub, the Norwich Tap House, though I recommend nobody goes for the raspberry and vanilla sour wheat beer.  ‘Only 3 things wrong with it’ as Andy said.  Not nice.  Then the train back.  My God, I’m pleased Norwich won, cos their fans can’t half moan even after beating the Super Reds.  One kid in particular, well if 27 is a kid….you didn’t know whether to feel sorry for him or mock him (even if he did rate Hamill).  Thank god drink overtook him, cos he wasn’t too chirpy when he came back from the bogs.  And did you know Wetherspoons have an app that allows you to order drinks to your table in ‘spoons?  Me neither, but I do now.
And despite a game turnout from the Reds my overriding emotion in that 1st half was one of irritation.  I KNEW I could f***ing smell sour cream Pringles (does anything smell worse?) and eventually I tracked the bleeder down to some oik a few seats away.  Apologies Selwood, it wasn’t your eau de toilette.
Onwards and upwards! 

Drink du jour: wheat beer in pub, Leffe on train.  

Away: 1200+

The Damage:35 train25 ent

Norwich v Super Reds panorama.

Check out the revolving scoreboard

See!
Kent whips in a corner


The view from behind the goal (we're far right).

Sarah's view of her Canaries' 1st.  D'oh!

Reds attack a corner, 1st half.

The pre-match atmosphere builds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...