Sunday 4 August 2019

Bohemians 0-0 Viktoria Plzen, Saturday 3rd August 2019

Bohemians 0-0 Viktoria Plzen, Czech Liga, att. 6,031 (capacity, Stadion Dolicek)

Welcome to ...

My unbeaten run has come to an end, and on this, a SATURDAY.  After 8 consecutive days of football (9 matches) I can't manage a game on the one day devoted to it.  So, how comes?

Well, I'd originally planned to see 2 games in Prague (Admira and Bohemians) but my train was late, connections missed.  That put paid to Admira.  But there was still Bohemians.  I'd been before and was keen to renew acquaintances - Dolicek is a unique little stadium, hemmed in on all sides and restricted to a capacity of six thousand odd.  Besides, Bohemians also had the coolest choice of t-shirts and I wanted another one.

The Big Match.

It was sold out.  I should have known.  Limited capacity AND playing one of the Big Three.  No, not Georges Clemenceau.  Viktoria Plzen.  But still.  They NEVER sell out.  The game's on telly.  It's Satdy nite.  It's Prague - don't people have other things to do? 

I got there with about an hour and a half to kick-off, getting a tram straight there from around the corner from my hostel in the city centre.  The turnstiles hadn't even opened.  I even saw the Bohemians' coach drop the players off (no-one batted an eyelid; they're far too bohemian).  I had a beer from a pop-up kiosk (Krusovice, v. nice).  All good thus far.  Then, as the turnstiles opened, I saw the sign on the wall: 'Sold Out'.  It was a blow, but there it was.  There's worse places to be stranded than Prague on a Satdy nite.  I hopped on a tram back into town.

The Damage: 
nothing

The Tunes:
none

Staying at:
Mosaic House (£16)

Of course it is, dammit.
The away side, about 6 steps high if I got in.

Dolicek.
Bohemians' team coach arrives.
A queue starts forming outside Dolicek.
Bohemians' iconic badge.
The Main (only) Stand.
Fans start entering.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...