Monday 11 April 2022

Millwall 4-1 BFC, Saturday 9th April 2022

What’s that noise? Is that the fat lady I can hear?

I think I had a dodgy pint, Satdy. How else to explain vomiting into a washing up bowl at Andy’s late on? It can’t have had anything to do with the other 12 pints (and the rest) or the lack of food since a morning apricot croissant. You have to do what you can to endure the Super Reds these days, and a trip down the Bermondsey Beer Mile certainly helped dull the pain somewhat. Anyway, was I really that drunk? We did win, right?

What a glorious day, not even those ne’er do wells and shysters we call Barnsley footballers could ruin. Come to think, maybe I was a bit tipsy. Did Romal Palmer score a goal? Nevermind drunk, I must have been on LSD. Did I also imagine learning that Slacki has bought a 2nd hand sit-on lawnmower? Was that really Loko I could hear rowing with another fan at the game and calling him a c*** cos he had a different viewpoint? (That definitely happened, ask his mum). Did Loko also drop his wallet in the ground at half time? (I wished I’d been the one to pick it up…the beers are on ME!) No, it was a great, great day. I miss you gays guys!

Oh yeah, there was a match. My descriptions may be somewhat off (see earlier), but I could swear Styles missed when clean through at nil-nil. This is the thing when you play a left footed player, wide right….the shot was on his weaker right foot. I can’t remember anyone being surprised the keeper smothered it. Then keeper Collins gets himself hurt. How? I’ve no idea, but on comes Walton. 7 minutes later he’s picking the ball out of the net, as Mi’wa’ spring the offside trap (!) and are left with a tap-in.

Half-time comes and while everyone disappears, I stay to keep an eye on my bag. Dammit, wish I’d seen that wallet lying on the floor behind me….anyway, peeps come back, I have a trip to the bog….and it’s two-nil. The muffled cheer as Anton and I ascend the stairs gives us hope. Have the Super Reds equalised? Dunt be s’daft. Seeing it on telly, a cross from the touchline is headed in from 2 yards. WTF is Walton DOING??? Nevermind Benik Afobe bamboozling Styles and Brittain to create the crossing opportunity in the first place.

With the season over, Romal Palmer decides to enter the fray 2 minutes later with a smart finish into the top corner. Where’s he been all season? It’s actually a smart strike too, a half volley from 15 yards into the top corner. (Please, BFC, don’t be fooled and offer him a new contract.) It’s ok though, as 2 players stand and stare as a cross is put in from the corner flag…Walton saves the header, then everyone else stands and stares as the rebound is put in. Honestly, it looks like we’ve given up. And oh! We have. Only the aforementioned Afobe bothers to react after a flick-on from the keeper’s hoof. Sunday morning route 1 stuff, and we can’t handle it. We’re going down….but fear not! We can still do the Bermondsey Beer Mile next season for Chorlton away!

Onwards and upwards!

*** No-one. I honestly thought no-one stood out.
** No-one. These two were partners in defence, partners in midfield….and I don’t think we got up top.
* Palmer. Go on then. Decent finish.

Londontykes’ MOTM: TBA

Despatches:
I’m not sure where I stand on this, but should we really have been drinking in Fourpure, who recently allowed Boris and his tax-dodging (sorry, tax avoiding) US Green Card-holding chum Rishi to hold a PR event there? But the beer’s SO nice, and they have big tables wot can fit us all on. Sarah liked it anyway.

Drink du jour: Ha ha haaaaa….anything IPA and 6%. But if I can blame anyone for my later state, it’s my Arsenal mate Rod, who insisted we have another can of beer on the way up to the ground.

Away: 500 and odd. Suckers.

Games before we’re officially relegated: I’ll say 3. Huddersfield to apply the final cut.

The Damage:
£111 travel (train returns for 2 from Durham)
£25 ent
£3 programme
= £139

The Tunes:
None. Basking in London life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...